Wolfman Luggage owner rides again! What does our owner/designer Eric Hougen of Wolfman ride? “Mainly little bikes (400cc and below). I often ride alone so if I can’t pick it up, I don’t ride it." I had a life altering accident Sunday July 31, 2017 when I was hit by a Jeep on the wrong side of a local county road I have ridden for years! I am alive and well today after some serious healing up but it totaled a sweet WR250R I had built up.
During recovery, I bought a DRZ400SM (Super moto) and liked it so much I bought another DRZ400S. This one is a 2005 with 300 miles on it. It belonged to Kenny Roberts (Kenny Roberts Jr—his son, when he raced for Suzuki). Shipped it out from California to Colorado.
I really enjoy building up bikes and turns out it was great therapy during my healing. How sweet it rides once done. I spent almost ten hours hand-fitting and filing parts to fit “just right” and it took about 2 weeks/weekends to complete. I gutted it to the subframe. Cleaned and scrubbed since there had been a critter in the air box. So here is the Build List and details. The bike started out blue and white. I wanted to make a true Wolfman Luggage bike that celebrates our brand with a black and yellow theme accented by a little red.
- I like a steering damper so I went with Scott’s BRP Sub mount and Henry/Reed ProTaper bars. And Double Take ADV mirrors.
- An EBay purchased red Passenger peg eliminator.
- Exhaust bracket and Wolfy Strap Mounts.
- MSR Big Pegs
- Warp 9 Wheels—super strong. I used these on a few of my bikes including the previous WR that was totaled. Dunlop 606 tires front and rear.
- Uni-Biker Radiator guards.
- Full FMF Q4 exhaust and power bomb header. Seat Concepts seat is super comfy.
- TPR Counter Shaft sprocket guard and engine case guards.
- Cycera handguards.
- Cyclops 7300 lumen LED bulb, plug and play.
- DRC rear tail light with 12 O’clock Labs internal module.
- Skaggs rear rack and Wolfman Luggage 303 Rolie (small, yellow) with a MUST Kiowa Heat Shield.
- Other Stuff: No Toil air filter. 3x3 Mod and Re-jet. Acerbis 3.7 gal gas tank. Ricochet Racing skid plate. TST Industries flush mount LED turn signals and LED flasher.
All in all, a great build and a super FUN bike to ride! Simple, comfortable ergonomics and a bit more power than the WR250R with the same weight. Looks sharp too. Woof!--e