Expedition Dry Saddle Bags
Water over the track in the Colorado high country? Unexpected downpour on the way to work? Burly vinyl fabric, a roll-top closure and radio frequency welded seams make the Expedition Dry Saddle Bags fully waterproof so your gear stays dry. A secure six-point-per-bag mounting and compression system makes for an extremely stable load on virtually any side rack using the included Universal Saddlebag Straps, while still allowing the bags to come on and off the bike quickly and easily. Wolfman's design and field testing on this bag were geared toward riding extremes and the ultra-aggressive adventure rider. Ultimately though, the functional simplicity of the bag-rack system and weatherproof capabilities work for everyone.
The bags have a pair of over-the-top straps between them, then each bag is mounted to the rack via four-points and two compression straps. An additional top compression strap and and internal stiffeners help further stabilize the load. A replaceable vinyl pad protects the bag against rack abrasions and prevents excessive bag movement. No loose moving bags here! During testing we saw that once the bags were attached to the racks, they were attached so securely that we could have dragged the bike by the bags. Yet when the bags need to come off, they do so quickly with the innovative release system.
These saddlebags will mount to a wide variety of racks with the included Universal Saddlebag Straps. Racks must be oval/rectangle shaped and height of hoop (top to bottom) must not exceed 9.5 inches (24cm). We've specifically tested them with these racks:
- SW Motech
Universal Saddlebag Straps replace the former Other Strap Kit, and can be used in place of that kit with our saddlebags. Wolfman rack-mounted saddlebags shipping after October 11, 2013 have the Universal Saddlebag Straps included. Learn more. Straps can be purchased separately for use with older saddlebags. These straps can also be used with our new Pawnee Plate for mounting RotoPax fluid packs.
Note: Some racks require the removal of mounting tabs, etc., such as GIVI and SW Motech.
All Expedition Dry-Line bags are Made in the USA and feature heavy-duty vinyl construction with fully sealed radio-frequency welded seams. Roll-top closures with no-wick webbing seal out water, mud, and dust. We recommend a three roll minimum for maximum weatherproofness. Learn more about Wolfman waterproof luggage here.
Saddle bags are sold as a pair. Side racks not included.
- 100% Waterproof fabric - 22oz body and 34oz bottom.
- Radio Frequency welded seams.
- Waterproof roll-top with no-wick webbing
- Multi Compression straps to cinch the load tight.
- Replacable 22 oz vinyl backing pad.
- Extra tall opening for size adjustability
- Internal Butterfly stiffener helps keep contents compressed evenly, protects the insides of the bags from abrasion and sharp objects, and it is removable and replaceable.
- Vinyl tears are repairable with the Vinyl Repair Kit
- Completely replaceable mounting harnesses. Cut a strap too short? Change bikes? Wear, tear, or damage? No worries! Replacement strap kits are available.
- Length: 13” / 33cm
- Width: 7” / 18cm
- Height: 13” / 33cm, adjustable about 3” more.
- 19 liters / 1160 cu in each, 38 liters / 2320 cu in for the pair
- The extra tall opening can adjust to add 2 or more liters per bag