Water Protection Content
How how do you get the water protection you need?
** Safe Packing Procedures To help keep your belongings dry using any of the above, try lining luggage with trash bag liners or other sturdy plastic bags **
Tip and Hints for 100% Waterproof Roll Top Bags
- For best results, "burp" out excess air, smooth any wrinkles, roll/fold the top of the bag 3-4 half-rolls, then buckle.
- Do not allow clothing or other items to drift into the roll area while rolling. They can wick water inside your bag.
- Make sure mounting straps go through the various guides, buckles, loops or the mounting patch AND AROUND THE BAG to support the weight. Never leave a bag "hanging" by a strap, buckle or mounting patch. WRAP THE STRAP around bags and cinch them tight to the bike. This can prevent tearing and other damage to the bag that could cause a leak. Worse, swinging bags can easily cause a loss of control of the bike which is generally less pleasant than a leak.
- Do not pack sharp or abrasive items or carefully pad them to prevent damage to the bag's waterproof material.
- If you pack wet items, they will still be wet when you take them out and water may have spread to other items. This is bad if it is your down sleeping bag. This is good if your luggage is filled with ice and frosty beverages.
- Take sufficient care around cactus, nails, sharp sticks and rocks, knives, marauding rodents, and speeding bullets. These and similar items can compromise the seal of your bags.
- If it is deadly important to keep an item dry, (passports, cameras or memory cards, electronics, magnesium powder) it is probably a good idea to use additional layers of protection. Think Pelican cases, ziplock bags, or even a small Rolie Bag inside a larger piece of luggage.
All our WP (welded product) bags are manufactured using the latest in radio frequency welding technology (RF). RF welding gives us waterproof seams. No stitching, stitch holes or rain covers. We have added Zipper openings to our product line for 2021! We are using YKK AquaGuard Water Repellent Zippers for our openings and pockets on the new Zip-R Bags. The AquaGuard zipper is a quick and easy method of opening and closing the bag but that convenience comes with some added maintenance especially in dry, dusty conditions. We recommend cleaning and wiping the dirt and dust off the zippers to make the sliders open and close much smoother and easier at day’s end. And because they are not 100% waterproof and if overstuffed water may seep in, we still recommend you pack smart using ziplock-style baggies for the most important items you may have to be 100% sure.
Our new Zippered Wolfman Luggage will perform as expected under most circumstances. Even when properly using the very best Wolfman Waterproof or Water Resistant Luggage along with any secondary methods of keeping water out, there is still a slight chance that your stuff will end up wet. That's just part of the Adventure of Life. Wolfman is not responsible for these extraordinary events.
If Wolfman Luggage has kept your gear clean and dry under extreme circumstances, we'd like to hear about it.Send us the story and photos and we'll probably share your tale on Facebook.